Thursday, July 3, 2008

my schedule

This is my daily schedule....minus a few alterations here and there depending on plans:

I wake up.

I help the housekeeper, Mary, make breakfast for the kids before they are off to tennis camp.

I walk Duke (the German Shepard) around a nearby golf course (approximately 2 mile jaunt) after all of the kids leave.

I shower and get ready for the day.

I either walk downtown Rye and go to the library or read outside or prepare for tutoring my student, Teddy.

I go to Manursing (the beach club they belong to) to check the kids out of camp and then they swim/play with friends while I lie on the beach and read. This is also when I contemplate life. This will last anywhere from 2-4 hours.

We come back to the house and I help make dinner.

I tutor Teddy for an hour if he is home.

I go to bed.

The end.

It's really a great job. If you aren't convinced yet....Exhibit A: This is the view of Long Island Sound from my beach chair.

And here we have Exhibit B:

This is my view at the Yankees/Mets game at Shea Stadium. The small white dots are baseball players. I am most definitely not complaining about the view....I was happy to be there. Until it started raining and we were high enough to not see very well but not high enough to be covered by the small roof around the edges. The family had extra tickets so they took me and a few of the kids' friends. It was really fun and I had the best hot dog I think I have ever had in my life there. The rain was well worth the experience.

This is how I entertained myself (and a 4 year old) at the beach yesterday...

My friend is Mary's son, Andy. I took him to swim yesterday and he was quite excited. Mary and her husband are from Chile and Andy speaks Spanish and English, usually in the same sentence. I may very well be bilingual when I return with him at my side. This is another picture of us. He hadn't ever been to their beach club before and kept saying, "This is sooooo fun!".

Give me a little kid with a huge imagination and a lot of excitement and I have a pretty goooood time.

I love my life.

3 comments:

April said...

"while I lie on the beach and read. This is also when I contemplate life. This will last anywhere from 2-4 hours." This cracked me up. 2-4 hours to contemplate life. haha Andy is cute!! I am excited to see pics!

Anonymous said...

It's Amanda's excellent adventure. Maybe we will visit you in Rye. What's the nearest airport, EWR, JFK,LGA or someplace else.

Uncle Steve

Amanda said...

I flew into LaGuardia, but the White Plains airport is closer. It is pretty small though so I don't know if you would be able to find a flight in. LGA or JFK would work! That would be awesome if you visited!! Let me know and I will arrange for some time off. :)