Tuesday, June 24, 2008

to the NYC tomorrow...wish me luck

I will be riding the train into the city tomorrow and exploring from Grand Central Station out. The train station is about a 5 minute walk from the house I am staying at and it is a 30 minute ride into the city. The year of Amanda entails independent things not yet attempted. I think wandering around Manhattan falls in that category. No worries, Mom, I have a map. I'm thinking I'll check out Central Park, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Chinatown, and we will see where else my little feets take me. I am meeting my friend Teresa (someone I lived in Delta Gamma with that now lives here) after she gets off work and we will be going to happy hour with the DG alumni group from here. Just a coincidence that it will be happening on the same day that I will be there and it should be a fun little time.

I began tutoring today with a very unmotivated 16 year old. Should be interesting if that will be his attitude every time. No complaining here considering I only tutor him approximately 4 hours a week. I think I can power through it.

Yesterday I walked downtown Rye to get some tutoring materials from the library and explore this quaint little town. I at lunch at a fun little cafe' that has a Smores dessert that I will be returning for. Then over to a coffee shop to read my book for an hour or so, followed by some window shopping at out-of-my-price-range-shops and normal shopping (i.e. purchasing) at in-my-price-range boutiques. Todays itinerary was consumed by tutoring, preparing for the next lesson, baking brownies, reading more of my book, and going for a run. I'm thinking I may work out a deal with the future husband to be returning every summer. No future husband in mind, Mom, just thinking of what deals I will be bringing to the table. You know, I'll trade you weekly poker nights for a summer relaxing on the beach of Long Island Sound. I think that's reasonable.

Look for an update on my adventure in the next few days....

1 comment:

April said...

yay!! I am excited for you to go into the city! Are you taking your visitor's guide? Nevermind, I'll just call you. :)