Saturday, June 21, 2008

no really, I get paid to do this?

Today I went to the private beach/tennis club that this family belongs to and read in the sun for about 4 hours while overlooking the Long Island Sound. It is absolutely beautiful. Sailboats on the horizon, Long Island across the Sound, 85 degree weather, and absolutely no responsiblities. Technically, my job is to tutor a 16 year old with dyslexia to prepare for the upcoming school year and the SATs. However, since he just finished the school year yesterday, I won't start tutoring him until sometime next week. I have researched and gathered all of the materials needed for tutoring so now I am to sit and wait....and tan. I do have a few other duties. Those include: doing the occasional load of dishes, accompanying the 8 year old to the video game store, taking the Golden Retriever puppy outside to play, throwing tennis balls for the German Shepard, and running random errands for the family. Tonight I placed food on the kids' plates after the mom prepared it as she and her husband went to a movie. I am basically needed as an adult body in the house.

I stay on the 4th floor of the house in one of 5 bedrooms on that floor. This family is amazing and much more laid back than I anticipated. They are nothing but gracious and thankful. Their house was built in 1928 and is very nice, to say the least. Tomorrow I will be off the the bookstore and library to get more reading material for my down time....which is quite often.

I will be posting pictures as soon as my USB cable arrives in the mail.

1 comment:

April said...

ooooooh can't wait to see pics
take it easy, yo